Audit Director- Los Angeles
Macias Gini & O'Connell LLP is looking for a dynamic and collaborative Audit Director to join our team. We recognize the manager position at MGO is a pivotal role to our client engagement teams while also being the daily point of contact for our clients. We strive to keep an innovative and creative environment, allowing our employees to flourish and advance in their careers.
Along with our focus on pride in the profession, MGO associates work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that offers exposure to national resources through the BDO alliance, recognized thought leaders and fast career growth opportunities. In 2013, MGO was recognized as the 6th fastest growing firm in the U.S. (Accounting Today), and one of the top 50 firms in the U.S. (Inside Public Accounting Best of the Best List).
In addition to fast-track promotional opportunities, we offer a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with a Company Match, and Management Bonuses.
- Under limited supervision of a Partner, implements, directs, and monitors auditing policies, procedures, and standards. Leads professional and administrative staff including Managers and Seniors.
- Assesses departmental needs, establishes priorities for audit coverage, and develops short- and long-range audit plans; monitors and periodically reports status to Partners.
- Coordinates and/or performs audit work, approves audit plans, reviews audit reports prior to formal release, and reviews supporting work papers to ensure reports are properly supported.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Leads proposal efforts and actively involved in business development
- Develops employees in both technical and management areas
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Six to ten years of related auditing experience and practices
- CPA License in good standing
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.S/) in related filed or equivalent-Master is a plus
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and abilities of an Audit Manager
- Demonstrated success in leading and motivating subordinates
- Full competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow and reassign as necessary
Desired Skills & Experience Cont’d:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects, especially long-term
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions